Thursday, April 21, 2011

Frankenstein Blog 7

"For the first time the feelings of revenge and hatred filled my bosom, and I did not strive to control them; but allowing myself to be borne away by the stream, I bent my mind towards injury and death." -pg. 99

As a result of his dejection, creature allows himself to be overcome by negative feelings. I believe the author was trying to hint at the fact that how we treat people greatly effects them. Creature, by listening to Felix read history books, has found himself relating to Adam and therefore wants an Eve. Either Victor can ignore him or create another monster. By creating a partner for creature, Victor will be purposefully recommitting his gravest mistake. I believe that this will go badly, and Victor will find himself the cause of even greater pain. Because we know that Victor is hunting for the monster when he meets Walton, we know that creating another monster does not result in the creature retreating from mankind. When creature finishes his story, Victor has changed his mind about him.

No comments:

Post a Comment